Does that describe you or how your business? Are you meeting the same people every day, doing the same things, saying the same things, thinking the same things all the while waiting for something that NEVER comes. Are you coming back to the same scenario and repeating it over and over again and still whatever you are waiting for never comes.
Waiting is MADNESS……….STOP IT!
The phrase “waiting for Godot” has gone into the vernacular to describe waiting for something that either hasn’t or isn’t going to come. Remember Einstein’s definition of insanity…….”doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.
There are many reasons we wait:
1. Maybe what we want to happen will JUST happen.
2. Maybe if we wait it will be easier to make it happen down the road.
3. Maybe if we wait, someone ELSE will make it happen for us.
4. Maybe we are wrong and we really don’t want it to happen at all.
Waiting is a crutch that allows us to remain, in stasis, in the event that what we think we want so badly will occur. Waiting is a cover for fear. What if we got it and didn’t want it? What if it is the wrong thing? What if the risk isn’t worth the reward? What if, what if, what if…….
Shake it off!! Do whatever needs to be done TODAY. Waiting is for sissies!!
1. If it’s worth having, then a little risk is a very small thing.
2. Waiting is a waste of time. Time that you WILL NOT get back.
3. If you move on it and you get it and you decide it’s not the right thing, so what. NEXT…..
4. If you get a few emotional bumps and bruises along the way, it just makes you tougher!
There are multiple benefits to be gained by pushing beyond the fear. Each time you do, it becomes easier the next time. You build confidence and you begin to realize that you are bigger than the fear. You get a little angry with yourself for wasting so much precious time and you become less likely to waste that time again.
It’s a New Year, reflect on those things you want to happen, those personal and business changes that could make a big difference, start today and stop waiting for Godot because…life is too short to wait!