Driver Helper (Waynesboro, VA)
The Household Goods Moving Helper partners daily with the Household Goods team, management, and employees to achieve results. Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Assist with moving, packing, wrapping, inventory, and transport of household goods for residential and national account customers.
The Household Goods Moving Helper will report directly to the driver/crew leader. This individual is also expected to interface with other management, including the leaders of the different business divisions.
Essential Functions & Major Accountabilities
- Assists and helps with the pick-up (loading), transportation, and delivery (unloading and placement) of household goods and equipment in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Receives instruction from crew leader and adheres to all company policies and represents the company in a professional manner.
- Perform all duties in adherence with Company safety standards.
- Pack, unpack, and wrap/unwrap household good items per customer specifications.
- Performs work within the specifications of the estimate of man hours.
- Responsible for proper use of all Company equipment, packing materials, and proper treatment of company vehicles while in transit, at a customer site, or while visiting other facilities.
- Routinely involves lifting, movement and placement of heavy items by hand or with the assistance of material handling equipment (hand truck or dolly).
- Works with other team members to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must wear company approved uniform and maintain a clean and professional appearance while representing the company and delivering service to customers.
- Display professional conduct, courtesy, and manners when entering and performing work in the customer’s home.
- Remain respectful of their property and personal spaces.
- Must be an analytical minded individual with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects/duties.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion.
- Previous work with warehouse, household moving, or labor related work experience preferred.
- Must display excellent customer service.
- Must be able to lift up to 100lbs with no assistance.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
- Must pass pre-employment screening, including criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Employee Owned Business offering Stock Ownership
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Extensive wellness program with annual flexible spending account reimbursement opportunities
- Vacation and Holiday Pay available following 90-days of employment
Lawrence Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
If you need an accommodation to complete a job application with Lawrence Companies, please contact us at: 540-966-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.