Partner Technology Support Coordinator
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is expanding its Partner Engagement and Programs team to enhance equitable food access for diverse populations. The Food Bank has an exciting opportunity for a Partner Technology Support Coordinator to merge and utilize their technology training skills with customer service and outreach to work with program site volunteers, clients, and colleagues in making an impact in an organization that provides food assistance.
The Partner Technology Support Coordinator provides ongoing technology training instruction and onboarding support to the Food Bank’s partner and programs network and staff. The Partner Technology Support Coordinator (PTSC) leads the educational and training activities for volunteers in the use of the Food Bank’s human services software (Link2Feed) and other software platforms used by partner agencies and programs to acquire food, schedule pick-ups and deliveries, and record information essential to the Food Bank’s operation and data analytics needs.
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is a respected, regional nonprofit providing nourishing food and hope to neighbors. Founded in 1981, the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank serves 25 counties and eight cities in central and western Virginia, from Loudoun and Winchester in the north to the Lexington and Lynchburg areas in the south. We provide food to nearly 119,000 visitors each month through a partner network of more than 200 food pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters, as well as through nutrition programs for children, seniors, and rural neighbors. Total revenues of approximately $50 million and an operating budget of $11 million support the work of more than 60 employees in four locations, including our headquarters and main distribution center in Verona.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, technical school certification, or equivalent amount of training and experience in information technology or delivering training/instruction on software systems;
- Demonstrable experience using database software and strong knowledge of Microsoft products including, e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, MS Office
- Customer service experience or experience working or volunteering in a nonprofit, member services, or human services environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills including the ability to effectively train, instruct and explain systems and respond to questions with patience and empathy
- Ability to work in a team and work effectively and collaboratively across the organization and agencies and programs network
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Experience coordinating or training groups of people or volunteers preferred;
- Familiarity with federal nutrition programs desired;
- Experience developing effective instructional aids or training materials a plus
- Work experience as a Technical Trainer, or Professional Technical Training Certification, such as CTT, a plus
The Partner Technology Support Coordinator is full-time, offering an effective and healthy work culture, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
The role is based in the Verona or Charlottesville location and reports to the Manager of Compliance. Duties may require work during evenings and on weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. Frequent driving and travel throughout the food bank service area is required to perform administrative functions at agencies and program sites.
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume, or cover letter and application, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. The positions will be open until filled.
To obtain an employment application or to learn more about the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank please visit our website at www.brafb.org.
The Food Bank is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspective and lived experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.