Do you have a passion for developing, supporting, and sustaining people initiatives that foster engaged staff, and a positive and collaborative work environment? Come join a highly-functioning, talented team at one of the most respected charities in the area and use your passion for people, organization, and communication skills to help make a real difference in people’s lives.
The HR Manager reports to the Chief Talent Officer and is engaged in a wide variety of human resources generalist initiatives, programs, projects and administrative support and assistance aimed at developing and evolving organization wide routines, systems, and infrastructure to support talent acquisition, retention, culture, and professional development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead recruiting activities for the organization by implementing strategies, processes and procedures that build a high quality and diverse talent pipeline, including overseeing all stages of candidate experience, from posting job openings, reviewing applications/ resumes, and conducting or arranging interviews, to new hire communication and onboarding.
- Assess external labor market conditions and develop effective recruiting channels and methods that support and advance the organization’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) framework;
- Serve as a resource and subject matter expert on all facets of the talent acquisition process, and as an advisor to hiring managers and staff on recruitment policies, procedures, and best practices;
- Carry out a wide range of HR generalist responsibilities and/or support around benefits, retirement and leave administration, employee policy development and upkeep, and associated human resources recordkeeping, compliance, and reporting requirements.
- Actively participate, facilitate, and contribute to the organization’s ongoing work to build and strengthen our internal culture with respect to diversity equity and inclusion.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in business administration, or equivalent amount of relevant training, HR certificate, and/or experience performing generalist HR work.
- Minimum 2 years relevant HR experience in at least two of the following areas: talent acquisition/recruitment and new hire orientation; health and retirement benefits enrollment and administration, or leading, contributing or participating in the development and implementation of employee engagement and culture initiatives are required.
- Experience working in the human resources arena within a non-profit environment highly preferred.
- Highly proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Project), web-based systems, programs or platforms, and ability to quickly adapt and achieve fluency with a variety of HR, payroll, benefits and learning management systems.
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of individuals and teams;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and high emotional intelligence;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle information with great sensitivity;
- Basic knowledge of health and wellness plans, including maintenance, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements;
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. Duties may require occasional work during evenings and on weekends. Occasional driving and travel throughout the Food Bank service area is required.
The HR Manager role is full-time, and based on-site at our headquarters in Verona, VA. The Food Bank offers a collaborative and healthy work culture, competitive salary, generous benefits, and PTO.
The salary range for this position is $53,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience.
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume, or cover letter and BRAFB job application, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. The position will be open until filled. To learn more about the mission and work of the Food Bank, or to obtain a job application, please visit our website at www.brafb.org.
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is a respected, regional nonprofit providing nourishing food and hope to neighbors living with food insecurity. Founded in 1981, the Food Bank serves 25 counties and eight cities in central and western Virginia out of four distribution centers in Winchester, Lynchburg, Charlottesville, and Verona, our headquarters. We provide food to 110,000 visitors each month through a partner network of more than 400 community partners. Total revenues of approximately $50 million and an operating budget of $12 million support the work of more than 70 employees.
The Food Bank is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspective and lived experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.