Donor Services Coordinator
Do you enjoy working with data and technology and want to grow your career while supporting the work of an effective nonprofit? Use your computer and technology skills, your attention to detail, and your dedication to helping others and making a difference in our community by supporting the work of the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank.
The Donor Services Coordinator (DSC) contributes to the accurate management of advancement data and coordinates important stewardship and operational projects within the Development department. The person in this position assists with accurate donation processing and data entry, timely and personal donor acknowledgement, and special projects as needed. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, adaptability, and interaction with others to provide exceptional customer service, and is part of a highly collaborative and successful Development team.
The Donor Services Coordinator role is full-time, offering an effective and healthy work culture, competitive salary, excellent benefits, and future growth potential.
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is a respected, regional nonprofit providing nourishing food and hope to neighbors. Founded in 1981, the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank serves 25 counties and eight cities in central and western Virginia, from Loudoun and Winchester in the north to the Lexington and Lynchburg areas in the south. We provide food to nearly 119,000 visitors each month through a partner network of more than 200 food pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters, as well as through nutrition programs for children, seniors, and rural neighbors. Total revenues of approximately $50 million and an operating budget of $11 million support the work of more than 60 employees in four locations, including our headquarters and main distribution center in Verona.
The key responsibilities of the Donor Services Coordinator include:
- Working with data to accurately enter gifts and donor information in Salesforce, and using queries and reports to ensure the quality of data in the system and to extract information as needed
- Responding to donor requests with excellent customer service, and producing accurate, timely, and personal gift acknowledgment letters and cards and gift statements
- Supporting the work of the department by coordinating additional stewardship projects
- Associate degree in administrative sciences, data management, IT, or related field or an equivalent amount of relevant training and experience required
- Minimum one year of experience using relational databases/CRM (Customer Relationship Management) required, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Experience with Salesforce is ideal
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. The position will remain open until filled.
The Food Bank is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspective and lived experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best talent on our team.