Human Resources (HR) Manager
Lantz Construction takes pride in hiring the best people! In order to meet the expectations of clients and fellow Team Lantz’rs, each Team Lantz’r must perform the work outlined in his or her position description. In addition to strong performance and an extraordinarily positive attitude, we value integrity and innovation in our team members as we collaborate to achieve our company goals including: 1) reinforcing Lantz’s mission, vision, and values; and 2) upholding, supporting, and promoting all Lantz policies and procedures.
Title: Human Resources (HR) Manager Position Type & FLSA Status: Full Time, Salaried/Exempt
Department: Finance & Administration Reports to: CFO Date: March 2021
The HR Manager will be responsible for coordinating and administering all human resource related practices at Lantz Construction Company and for its two (2) other operational divisions including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, directing, and administering.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for vacant positions including advertising, maintaining applicant log, screening applications, interviews, conducting background checks, and conducting new-employee orientation.
- Facilitates participation in career/employment job fairs.
- Administers employee benefit plans (group health insurance, dental insurance, life/AD&D, long-term disability insurance, Retirement Plan (401(k)), ESOP, AFLAC, etc.) and maintains compliance with all federal and state regulations (COBRA, FMLA, HIPPA, EEOC, ADA, etc.) Reconciles plans monthly, completes annual open enrollment, completes initial enrollment and enrollment changes.
- Administers employee wellness efforts, i.e. annual mobile mammography, flu vaccines, etc.
- Stays abreast of Federal and State employment laws and ensures compliance.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program as necessary, files EEO-1 annually, and maintains other records to conform to EEO regulations.
- Creates and maintains position job descriptions ensuring descriptions are accurate and up to date and comply with applicable Federal and State regulations.
- Investigates employee complaints in conjunction with designated internal management.
- Maintains wage class (exempt, non-exempt) status for all positions by reviewing and ensuring proper classification while adhering to FLSA Wage and Hour class definitions.
Evaluation/Review Facilitation & Administration
- Facilitates and administers the annual employee performance appraisal process.
- Facilitates and administers the periodic review process (e.g., 90-day reviews, semi-annual).
Policies & Procedures
- Creates and maintains human resource policies and forms.
- Maintains employee handbook.
- Answers employee’s questions regarding HR issues.
- Advises Lantz Leadership regarding HR issues.
Training Facilitation & Administration
- Facilitates and administers training (other than safety training) for employees.
Attendance/Leave Coordination & Tracking/Record-keeping
- Tracks attendance and leave (e.g., PTO, vacation) for all employees through coordination with the payroll administrator.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and compiles reports from database.
Disciplinary Actions & Termination Coordination & Administration
- Participates in employee discipline process as necessary and maintains the proper disciplinary documentation.
- Participates in employee terminations (when requested) and maintains the proper termination documentation.
- Facilitates or conducts exit interviews.
*** Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Three to five (3-5) years of previous experience required; five (5) or more years is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred not but required.
- Strong knowledge of human resources practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skills.
- Ability to operate general office equipment including personal computer and printer/scanner/copier.
- Ability to use computer systems and software including Microsoft Office Suite and the internet.
- Ability to read, comprehend instructions, and do basic mathematics.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one, small-, and large-group settings to coworkers and employee candidates.
- Ability to display positive behaviors and maintain organization during busy and demanding periods.
- Ability to work and multi-task under time constraints with deadlines and with changing priorities.
- Ability to walk, stand, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach above shoulders, squat, kneel, or bend occasionally.
- Ability to lift/carry 21-50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to work at computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to see objects, etc. within close range and at a distance.
- Primarily indoor office setting with adequate lighting, heating, cooling, and ventilation with moderate noise.
- Occasionally on job sites (indoor and outdoor).
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member may encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Minimal hazards commensurate with general office and job site conditions.
AAP/EEO Statement: Lantz is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Lantz prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lantz conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Lantz Construction Company is 100% employee-owned and offers the following benefits:
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation