Mathers Construction Team is searching for a Superintendent to join our Team. Interested Candidates are invited to complete the application and return it to Jonathan Harrison, Director of Commercial Construction at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are:
Mathers Construction Team is a Virginia based contractor specializing in commercial and industrial construction.
At Mathers we take what we do seriously, and we do a lot. As a family of brands, we do more. We pride ourselves in our ability to execute projects of all scopes and sizes because we have the people with the expertise to get the job done, and to get it done right. Your project, our people, the possibilities are endless.
We believe that our people are the key to our success. We value our teammates and the skills and experiences that they bring with them. We are a growing company with a unique operation model. Our family of brands houses multiple divisions and are a community-based organization focused on local work that builds our community.
Who You Are:
Punctual, Professional, Business-like, Positive, Ethical, Organized, a Leader, Flexible, Driven, Relationship Builder, Self-Motivated, Trustworthy, Dependable, Accountable, Hard-Working, Team Player
What You Will Do:
The Superintendent leads the on-site project Team and supervises the day-to-day activities involved within the project. The candidate will assess the resources needed to complete a construction project and generate cost estimates to help set the project budget. The Superintendent will manage the general construction staff and specialists, and delegates tasks to team members, creating the staff schedule. The candidate will observe all activities on a construction site and maintain a site log that details what was accomplished and where the team needs to resume the next workday.
- Manage a team of workers, including work schedules, project progress and resource allocation
- Efficiently manage usage of labor, supplies, materials and other project costs
- Collaborate with clients, Project Managers, other construction management to determine budget and timeline
- Coordinate materials and equipment delivery with vendors and suppliers
- Create schedules for workers and subcontractors
- Schedule subcontractors and assign work accordingly
- Maintain a daily log for the job site’s operations, reporting to management as necessary
- Make changes in the operation as necessary to best meet construction deadlines
- Implement management techniques that are cost-effective and efficient
- Perform accurate construction layout to ensure dimensions meet construction documents.
- Ensure projects are built to our high standards of quality and meet project specifications.
- Coordinate local inspectors and third-party inspecting agencies
- Effectively communicate with the Customer and Design/Team as needed
- Creating an accurate three week look ahead schedule and using it to manage the project.