Mathers Construction Team is searching for a Project Manager to join our Team. Interested Candidates are invited to complete the application and return it to Jonathan Harrison, Director of Commercial Construction at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are:
Mathers Construction Team is a Virginia based contractor specializing in commercial and industrial construction.
At Mathers we take what we do seriously, and we do a lot. As a family of brands, we do more. We pride ourselves in our ability to execute projects of all scopes and sizes because we have the people with the expertise to get the job done, and to get it done right. Your project, our people, the possibilities are endless.
We believe that our people are the key to our success. We value our teammates and the skills and experiences that they bring with them. We are a growing company with a unique operation model. Our family of brands houses multiple divisions and are a community-based organization focused on local work that builds our community.
Who You Are:
Punctual, Professional, Business-like, Positive, Ethical, Organized, a Leader, Flexible, Driven, Self-Motivated, Trustworthy, Dependable, Accountable, Hard-Working, Team Player
What You Will Do:
The Project Manager has overall responsibility for a project. The Candidate will work within a team of professionals in completing permit issuing projects by a set deadline to uphold Service First Permits (SFP) client obligations. Assures daily business operations are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures and state regulatory standards. Additional responsibilities of the Project Manager include communicating with staff and clients, making decisions, and monitoring the process to ensure project timelines are on schedule and the project is on budget.
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Negotiating and issuing subcontracts
- Creating and issuing proposed change orders to the customer. Negotiating these as needed.
- Reviewing submittals and ensuring they meet the contract requirements.
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicating project issues with the Executives
- Creating and updating the project CPM schedule
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change