Mathers Construction Team is searching for a Carpenter to join our Team. Interested Candidates are invited to complete the application and return it to Jonathan Harrison, Director of Commercial Construction at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are:
Mathers Construction Team is a Virginia based contractor specializing in commercial and industrial construction.
At Mathers we take what we do seriously, and we do a lot. As a family of brands, we do more. We pride ourselves in our ability to execute projects of all scopes and sizes because we have the people with the expertise to get the job done, and to get it done right. Your project, our people, the possibilities are endless.
We believe that our people are the key to our success. We value our teammates and the skills and experiences that they bring with them. We are a growing company with a unique operation model. Our family of brands houses multiple divisions and are a community-based organization focused on local work that builds our community.
Who You Are:
Self-Motivated, Trustworthy, Dependable, Accountable, Hard-Working, Team Player, Punctual, Ethical, Driven
What You Will Do:
The Carpenter constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools, and conforms to local building codes.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated
- Selects specified type of lumber or other materials
- Prepares layout using rule, framing square, and calipers
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials using pencil, chalk, and marking gauge
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements using saws, chisels, and planes
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue
- Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter’s level
- Erects framework for structures and lays sub-flooring
- Builds stairs and lays out and installs partitions and cabinet work
- Applies shock-absorbing, sound-deadening and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, and door frames, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and finish hardware, such as locks, letter drops, and kick plates
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level
- Forms and places concrete
- Attends to work orders per supervisors’ instruction