Branch Specialist (Teller/CSR)
For complete details and to apply online: https://www.fmbankva.com/employment/
Location: North Augusta County Retail Branch Locations
Position: Branch Specialist (CSR/Teller)
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours, Monday – Friday with Saturday rotation
Description: Individuals will work as universal employees performing teller transactions, opening accounts, supporting manager in servicing loans, and aggressively pursuing prospects for business through the Bank’s referral program as well as other related duties. Meets quarterly referral goals.
Ideal candidates are those who can lead by example while being a team player and takes ownership of problems to efficiently resolve them. Candidates should display a pleasant personality to build relationships with customers and effectively work with others in a small branch setting.
- Assist management in the day-to-day operations of the branch being knowledgeable in all areas in order to make decisions during the absence of the branch manager. Keep management informed on all situations.
- Stay current, maintain knowledge, and comply with all Farmers & Merchants products and services, policies, and procedures.
- Identify and pursue prospects for new business development through the referral program of the branch. Make referrals to other product areas (investment, mortgage, etc.). Achieve individual referral goals.
- Provide superior customer service. Resolve customer problems and assist customers and staff in answering operational questions in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Fully trained in all branch support functions to handle customers’ transactional and other banking needs.
- Assist in answering incoming telephone calls for the branch always being prompt and courteous providing quality customer service.
- Assist in cross-training staff in all branch functions and referral process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess knowledge of customer account opening process or possess ability to learn.
- Possess proficient knowledge of and skilled in processing all paying and receiving transactions for customers.
- Possess proficient computer, calculator, and typing skills.
- Ability to refer and cross-sell bank products and services.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with all types of customers (internal and external).
- Excellent interpersonal, telephone, and communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties using Bank’s core PC-based system.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time with attention to detail.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and
- A minimum of three years’ related banking or other related experience.
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee regularly sits and uses hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting where the noise level is usually moderate.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, calculator, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is a full time, non-exempt position working Monday – Friday and rotational Saturday's.
This position will travel from one Branch to another.
Job Type: Full-time