Job Title: President & CEO
Reports to: Board of Directors
FLSA Status: Exempt Job Status: Full-Time
The Greater Augusta Regional Chamber of Commerce seeks a community and business leader to serve as its next President and CEO. The ideal candidate will be a proven leader and consensus builder who can promote cooperation, collaboration, and partnerships while stewarding the business of the Chamber and supporting professional development of the staff.
The President & CEO of GARCC is responsible for the overall leadership and strategic development of the Chamber, its membership and programs. In this highly visible position, the President oversees all operational, financial and visioning aspects of the Chamber.
The President & CEO, is a key representative and advocate for business owners and employers; accountable for providing executive leadership, strategic direction and vision for the development and fulfillment of the Chamber’s mission. The President & CEO is responsible for the overall management and success of the Chamber; its funding, members, employees, programs, and events. The President & CEO reports to a governing Board of Directors including an Executive Board and has direct supervisory responsibilities for staff of three. The President & CEO is the official spokesperson for the Chamber and is actively involved in community wide business and economic related issues and events as well as effectively advocating for business at local, state, and regional government levels. The President and CEO is involved in high-level interaction with executives of companies of all sizes, education leaders, community organizations, foundations and government officials on economic and community development initiatives.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement well-defined, measurable programs that advance the goals of the Chamber.
- Continually evaluate and improve programs and services to ensure efficacy, while ensuring evolving needs of Chamber Members are also met.
- Follow community and legislative actions, presenting recommendations to the Board of Directors when support is needed to help improve the region’s business climate.
- Ensure sustainability of the Chamber by retention and continuous growth of member companies.
- Prepare annual budget with prudent stewardship of investments and events to ensure good fiscal health of the Chamber.
- Grow and develop relationships with the Cities of Staunton and Waynesboro and Augusta County, the Shenandoah Valley Regional Partnership, and Educational partners.
- Oversee day-to-day operational management of the Chamber business and staff.
- Provide leadership, motivation, and professional development for all staff.
- Represent the Chamber in local and statewide meetings and serve as the official spokesperson for the Chamber with the media; elected and appointed governmental officials; major trade and professional organizations; and other constituencies.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Experienced in:
- Developing and executing annual work plans for non-profits and membership-based organizations.
- Managing financial affairs of an organization and communicate effectively with Board of Directors.
- Working with, and within, Board of Directors governance.
- Public speaking.
- Ability to:
- Forge productive alliances across private, public, and government sectors.
- Bring groups and individuals together around complex issues.
- Create a culture of innovation and positive energy.
- Preferred knowledge:
- with the dynamics of a chamber of commerce or similar membership organization.
- about the importance of the tourism industry and its impact on the region.
- of workforce training and development issues, and implementation of programs in collaboration with educational partners to address needs.
Local candidates, or those with familiarity of the region, are preferred.
LEADERSHIP AND PERSONAL SKILLS
- Strategic problem solver – ability to think differently about how the businesses environment operates and look for new ways to help address challenges.
- Visionary thinker – ability to identify challenges and convene partners to collaboratively address the future needs of the region.
- Savvy communicator - open and candid about the state of the business environment, acknowledges concerns, works at building morale, celebrates all wins, and encourages others to be proactive about helping to improve the business environment within the region.
- Relationship builder - ability to ensure organizational alignment with all parties working cohesively towards the same goals.
- Results-driven - ability focus on achieving positive results that contribute to success of the organization.
Those interested in the position should submit their cover letter and resume to the Greater Augusta Regional Chamber of Commerce via to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Resumes will only be accepted until December 31, 2019.
- The Greater Augusta Regional Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer-